SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Organizers of a Utah technology summit say former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has agreed to speak at next week’s event in Salt Lake City.
The former presidential candidate who is expected to make a run for the U.S. Senate in Utah next year is scheduled to speak at the Silicon Slopes Tech Summit next Friday.
More than 10,000 participants have registered for the two-day event that opens on Thursday at the Salt Palace Convention Center.
Romney is expected to talk about technological and economic opportunities in Utah during a fireside chat discussion with Alex Dunn, the president of Vivint Smart Home who worked for Romney’s gubernatorial campaign in Massachusetts.
Most Read Stories
- Amazon names 20 finalists in search for HQ2
- Take it from me, WSU athlete's death is a reminder that help is available | Matt Calkins
- Dramatic new images show Rattlesnake Ridge slide moving over time
- WSU QB Tyler Hilinski, 21, dies from an apparent suicide
- UW linebacker Ale Kaho, a December signee, becomes Chris Petersen's first 5-star recruit
Other speakers include former NFL quarterback and BYU alum Steve Young.