SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Organizers of a Utah technology summit say former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has agreed to speak at next week’s event in Salt Lake City.
The former presidential candidate who is expected to make a run for the U.S. Senate in Utah next year is scheduled to speak at the Silicon Slopes Tech Summit next Friday.
More than 10,000 participants have registered for the two-day event that opens on Thursday at the Salt Palace Convention Center.
Romney is expected to talk about technological and economic opportunities in Utah during a fireside chat discussion with Alex Dunn, the president of Vivint Smart Home who worked for Romney’s gubernatorial campaign in Massachusetts.
Most Read Business Stories
- Ramp-up planned for LEAP engines that power Boeing's 737 MAX and other narrowbody jets
- Boeing and Airbus bring swagger and strategy to Farnborough air show
- How much will it cost you to sell your house?
- Bitter legal fight roils Harley Marine Services, a big player on Seattle waterfront
- WeWork tells employees meat is permanently off the company menu
Other speakers include former NFL quarterback and BYU alum Steve Young.