The new store from the Portland-based company is scheduled to open in fall 2016, after a remodel of the building. It will hire 150 people for the store starting next summer.
Grocery chain New Seasons Market will occupy the site of the former Albertsons on Mercer Island.
The new store from the Portland company is scheduled to open in fall 2016, after a building remodel. It plans to hire 150 people for the store starting in the summer of next year.
New Seasons Market has 15 stores in the Portland metro area; it focuses on regional food products from Oregon, Washington and Northern California.
The move is the latest in a shake-up of the Seattle area’s grocery store landscape produced by the merger earlier this year of Safeway and Albertsons. The merger led to the closure of several stores, and to Bellingham retailer Haggen’s takeover of to take over 146 Albertsons and Safeway locations all over the West Coast, including 26 in Washington state.
Most Read Business Stories
- Seattle-area home prices tumble from last year's highs
- Patagonia accuses Nordstrom of selling counterfeit items at the Rack
- Boeing finds another quality problem on 787, delaying deliveries again
- Why so many electric-car chargers in America don't work VIEW
- Commercial strawberry grower establishes following in Yakima Valley