Shoes and evening bags supplied by the retailer may show up on the stars, and Nordstrom will be watching to promote those items on its website.
On Sunday night, when the smash hit musical “Hamilton” could sweep the Tony Awards, Nordstrom is hoping awards watchers will drop some Hamiltons of their own on accessories worn by celebs on the red carpet.
Nordstrom is sponsoring the red carpet at the Tony Awards and this year has also made available to stylists and Vogue editors shoes and evening bags that they can use to style the celebrities walking the red carpet.
The shoes and bags are all merchandise available in stores and/or online now. The ones that the celebs choose to wear will be highlighted on Nordstrom.com.
This is the second year Nordstrom has sponsored the Tony Awards.
Most Read Business Stories
- Boeing chief engineer at center of 737 MAX crisis retires
- Flight operations chief at Horizon Air raises alarm over pilots' safety culture
- It's crunch time for Seattle-based photo giant Getty Images, and for photographers
- Boeing 777X's fuselage split dramatically during September stress test
- Hemp industry is cleared to do business with banks
The impetus was “to be part of a beloved event that celebrates theater and fashion and brings parts of it to our customers through our website,” said John Bailey, a Nordstrom spokesman.
Executives also figured “this would be a great lead-up to our Manhattan opening,” Bailey said, referring to Nordstrom’s plan to open a 363,000-square-foot store on Broadway in 2019.
The livestream continues through the awards show itself, which airs on TV on CBS starting at 8 p.m. PDT.