Ikea's solar array produces 1.127 megawatts of electrical power from 3,268 panels.
Renton’s new Ikea store sports Washington’s largest rooftop solar array. And the company that installed it, A&R Solar, sent up a drone with a camera to capture it from the sky.
The array atop the two-story, 399,000-square-foot store produces 1.127 megawatts of electrical power from 3,268 panels, according to the solar company.
Watch the video here:
Most Read Business Stories
- Elon Musk Overtakes Bill Gates to Grab World’s Second-Richest Ranking
- For sale: $6 million Whidbey Island survival compound, stocked to withstand a pandemic VIEW
- Alaska Airlines adds more 737 MAXs, the first carrier to do so after FAA clears the jet
- Seattle-area home price growth continues to accelerate; city still No. 2 in the nation
- Surviving businesses plunge into second round of COVID restrictions better prepared than they were 8 months ago