Ikea's solar array produces 1.127 megawatts of electrical power from 3,268 panels.
Renton’s new Ikea store sports Washington’s largest rooftop solar array. And the company that installed it, A&R Solar, sent up a drone with a camera to capture it from the sky.
The array atop the two-story, 399,000-square-foot store produces 1.127 megawatts of electrical power from 3,268 panels, according to the solar company.
Watch the video here:
Most Read Business Stories
- Boeing lays off another 750 to reach initial reduction target, but further cuts are likely
- Pandemic scrambles the local job market: Despite deep unemployment, some employers still can't hire fast enough
- Fraud ring bribed Amazon employees for better online sales, feds allege
- Software flaw hid signs of $576 million state unemployment fraud, officials say
- Tips on spending the money in college savings accounts