Denis Law, mayor of Renton, was named president of the Sound Cities Association (SCA), which represents 35 cities in King County.
The Tukwila-based SCA, formerly known as the Suburban Cities Association, was established more than 40 years ago and provides a voice for cities with under 150,000 residents in such areas as economic and community development, transportation, land use and other public-policy issues.
Airlines:Betsy Bacon was named managing director of Alaska Air Cargo, Seattle.
Banking:Mary Justice was appointed market leader for The Private Client Reserve of U.S. Bank, Seattle. Robert Williams was named vice president, CRA loan and investment manager at Union Bank, Seattle.
Most Read Business Stories
- Seattle artists worry potential sale of historic INS building could spell the end for their studios
- Fired after organizing, Starbucks baristas turned down a payout and took their bosses to court
- 6 Dr. Seuss books won't be published for racist images
- Frontier cancels flight, citing maskless passengers
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
Business consulting:Steven Gorsline and Nyron Davidson joined The Alacer Group, Bellevue.
Commercial real estate:Paul Okerlund was named director for the Seattle
Project Management Team at CBRE, Seattle.
Engineering:Bob Carr was hired as a senior project manager at Parametrix, Bellevue.
Real estate:Jeff Taylor was appointed executive vice president of the Seattle office of Scanlan Kemper Bard Companies, Seattle.
Technology:Dennis Brooke was hired as vice president of enterprise consulting at cloudPWR, Seattle.
To be included in the On the Move column, email email@example.com; send the information by fax, 206-382-8879; or mail, The Seattle Times, P.O. Box 70, Seattle, WA 98111.