NEW YORK (AP) — Ralph Lauren is offering create-it-yourself crewnecks as customization gains popularity with shoppers.
Starting Thursday, customers online and at a Manhattan store can choose what they want. The sweater will be knit to order and arrive at their homes within two weeks. The sweaters cost $198, a price the company says is about the same as a regular crewneck.
Last year, Ralph Lauren opened a custom shop at its London flagship store, where customers can embroider and add patches to Polo shirts, hats and blazers. The company also says it had success with customizable T-shirts for men, women and children at the Polo Ralph Lauren Shops at the U.S. Open this past fall.
Chief innovation officer David Lauren says the company hopes to eventually have custom shops at all its stores.
Most Read Business Stories
- So far, Washington workers pushed out over vaccine mandates aren't losing jobless benefits
- What you need to know before buying a flipped home
- Puget Sound Naval Shipyard shoulders a big load, with growing challenges
- Amazon vet hopes his company will become 'the Warby Parker of caskets'
- You're not paranoid to cover your webcam. But the cameras you can't cover are scarier