NEW YORK (AP) — Ralph Lauren is offering create-it-yourself crewnecks as customization gains popularity with shoppers.
Starting Thursday, customers online and at a Manhattan store can choose what they want. The sweater will be knit to order and arrive at their homes within two weeks. The sweaters cost $198, a price the company says is about the same as a regular crewneck.
Last year, Ralph Lauren opened a custom shop at its London flagship store, where customers can embroider and add patches to Polo shirts, hats and blazers. The company also says it had success with customizable T-shirts for men, women and children at the Polo Ralph Lauren Shops at the U.S. Open this past fall.
Chief innovation officer David Lauren says the company hopes to eventually have custom shops at all its stores.
Most Read Business Stories
- King County property tax bills are coming, and the housing market slowdown won't lower your bill
- Furloughed federal workers offered 90-day, interest-free loans by Washington Federal
- Seattle still has the most cranes in America, and construction isn't losing much steam
- Macy's will close its Northgate store next year, Redmond store in next few months
- Outpouring of generosity for TSA workers, others without pay VIEW