NEW YORK (AP) — Ralph Lauren is offering create-it-yourself crewnecks as customization gains popularity with shoppers.
Starting Thursday, customers online and at a Manhattan store can choose what they want. The sweater will be knit to order and arrive at their homes within two weeks. The sweaters cost $198, a price the company says is about the same as a regular crewneck.
Last year, Ralph Lauren opened a custom shop at its London flagship store, where customers can embroider and add patches to Polo shirts, hats and blazers. The company also says it had success with customizable T-shirts for men, women and children at the Polo Ralph Lauren Shops at the U.S. Open this past fall.
Chief innovation officer David Lauren says the company hopes to eventually have custom shops at all its stores.
Most Read Stories
- Amazon names 20 finalists in search for HQ2
- Take it from me, WSU athlete's death is a reminder that help is available | Matt Calkins
- Dramatic new images show Rattlesnake Ridge slide moving over time
- WSU QB Tyler Hilinski, 21, dies from an apparent suicide
- UW linebacker Ale Kaho, a December signee, becomes Chris Petersen's first 5-star recruit