QFC plans a $7.2 million remodel and expansion of the store near its Bellevue headquarters.
Bids are set to go out in late October for remodeling and adding 6,000 square feet to the store at 10116 NE 8th Street. Kenmore-based Cornerstone Architectural Group is working on the project, which will total 64,000 square feet after the expansion.
The store, which was built in 1967, is one of the chain’s highest grossing and is often among the first to test new products.
QFC is owned by Cincinnati-based Kroger.
Most Read Business Stories
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
- Washington state ‘literally failed workers,’ and fixing the unemployment system won't be easy
- Downtowns will be back, but Seattle has choices to make
- The wave of COVID-19 bankruptcies has begun
- Boutique cruise line Windstar will move its Seattle headquarters to Miami
Melissa Allison: 206-464-3312 or email@example.com. Twitter @AllisonSeattle.