NEW YORK (AP) — Priceline is changing its name to Booking Holdings Inc., citing its expansion into numerous international brands over the last 20 years.
The change at the former Priceline Group Inc. is effective immediately. The company will begin trading under the ticker symbol “BKNG” on February 27.
The travel website company operates in more than 220 countries. It said Booking.com, its largest brand, has more than 1.5 million properties and averages a million bookings per day.
The company’s websites include Booking.com, priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, Rentalcars.com and OpenTable. The company will still be based in Norwalk, Connecticut.
Most Read Business Stories
- Washington attorney general sues Google over location tracking
- All flights in and out of Paine Field canceled Monday as 5G bars regional jets
- Can anyone satisfy Amazon’s craving for electric vans?
- Feds launch website for claiming part 2 of child tax credit
- 5 takeaways from Seattle’s red-hot 2021 housing market, and the year's priciest sales