FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Officials say three flight attendants became ill on a plane headed to Barbados, causing it to return to a Florida airport.
The Sun Sentinel reports the Jet Blue plane returned to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport on Thursday afternoon. Officials say the plane was evacuated and paramedics were called.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue spokesman Mike Jachles says the flight attendants were complaining of headaches and one of them used on-flight oxygen. The attendants were evaluated and declined medical treatment. There were no complaints from the nearly 100 passengers on board.
Officials say a hazmat team took readings on the plane and didn’t detect anything.
Most Read Business Stories
- Changes at Whole Foods — and lack of communications — prompt concerns among some employees
- Real-estate seers expect a strong 2020 in Seattle, though not so much for housing | Jon Talton
- Consultant extorted $8 million from Seattle cryptocurrency startup, feds charge
- Amazon workers have mixed reactions to Bezos' carbon-neutral pledge VIEW
- Nordstrom's digital guru to take newly created operations role at retailer
Jet Blue said in a statement that a new crew was being assigned to the flight to continue to Barbados Thursday evening.
The incident is under investigation.
Information from: Sun Sentinel , http://www.sun-sentinel.com/