FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Officials say three flight attendants became ill on a plane headed to Barbados, causing it to return to a Florida airport.
The Sun Sentinel reports the Jet Blue plane returned to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport on Thursday afternoon. Officials say the plane was evacuated and paramedics were called.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue spokesman Mike Jachles says the flight attendants were complaining of headaches and one of them used on-flight oxygen. The attendants were evaluated and declined medical treatment. There were no complaints from the nearly 100 passengers on board.
Officials say a hazmat team took readings on the plane and didn’t detect anything.
Most Read Stories
- I-5’s Uncle Sam: 50 years and still ticked off near Chehalis
- Check out this new drone footage of the Bertha-dug Highway 99 tunnel WATCH
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Republicans going beyond hypocrisy with the national debt | Danny Westneat
- Washington state’s new parental leave law could change workplace for moms — and dads
Jet Blue said in a statement that a new crew was being assigned to the flight to continue to Barbados Thursday evening.
The incident is under investigation.
Information from: Sun Sentinel , http://www.sun-sentinel.com/