WASHINGTON (AP) — Perdue is recalling more than 68,000 pounds (30,844 kilograms) of chicken nuggets because they may be contaminated with wood.
The gluten free Organics Breaded Chicken Breast Nuggets were produced on Oct. 25 and were sold at stores nationwide. They have a UPC bar code of 72745-80656 and the establishment number of P-33944 in the US Agriculture Department inspection mark.
The USDA says Perdue received three complaints that wood was found in the nuggets.
The USDA says there have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions. However, the product should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
Most Read Business Stories
- Kevin McAllister ousted as boss of Boeing Commercial Airplanes as 737 MAX crisis continues
- Take a peek inside Nordstrom's luxurious new New York City flagship store VIEW
- Boeing's defense of 737 MAX's flight-control system in wake of pilot messages stands up
- Inside billionaire money manager Ken Fisher’s Washington-based private kingdom, where hardball culture reigns
- Electric truck startup Rivian gives a sneak peek of its future: Sleek vehicles, a reborn factory and thousands of jobs
Perdue says it is recalling the product out of an abundance of caution.