Appointments, promotions and awards in the business community.
Biotechnology: Craig Philips was named president at Cell Therapeutics.
Education: Elizabeth Whitford was named executive director of Arts Corps.
Fashion design: Rachel Irwin was hired as national accounts manager at Chelsey Henry.
Most Read Business Stories
- 6 Dr. Seuss books won't be published for racist images
- Frontier cancels flight, citing maskless passengers
- Biden vows enough vaccine for all US adults by end of May
- Amazon sued by Black cloud-computing manager over alleged racial discrimination and sexual harassment
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
Health care: Abbi Kaplan was appointed executive director of the Washington Healthcare Forum. Eileen Whalen was appointed executive director at Harborview Medical Center.
Hospitality: Mary Chapman was named marketing manager for conference centers and unique venues at Columbia Hospitality.
Law: G. Kim Risenmay joined Stoel Rives. Paul Beattie joined Schwabe, Williamson and Wyatt.
Professional services: Richard Gunn was hired as business development manager at Jefferson Wells.
Technology: Brian Soliday was appointed vice president of sales and business development at Adapx. Bill Baker was appointed chief technology officer at Visible Technologies.
Trade: Jason Richards was named director of sales and marketing at BizXchange.
Marketing: Wayne Barringer was hired as general manager at Hodgson/Meyers, Kirkland.
To be included in the On the Move column, send the information to Gary Dougherty by fax, 206-382-8879; e-mail, email@example.com; or mail, The Seattle Times, P.O. Box 70, Seattle, WA 98111. Photos will not be returned.