NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Friday:
Nike Inc., down $1.48 to $63.29
The athletic apparel retailer had a solid quarter but sales in North America remained weak.
Papa John’s International Inc., down $2.33 to $56.90
Most Read Business Stories
- When private jets ferry billionaires to small-town Idaho
- She bought a house in Seattle for $36,000 in 1973. How can she release some cash?
- Next time your Seattle landlord hikes the rent, you may be eligible for help
- Mark Zuckerberg prepares Meta employees for a tougher 2022
- How to scrub yourself from the internet, the best that you can
The pizza chain said founder John Schnatter will step down as CEO on Jan. 1.
Ignyta Inc., up $11.30 to $26.85
Swiss drugmaker Roche will buy the cancer drug developer for $27 a share, or $1.79 billion.
Celgene Corp., down $1.55 to $106.33
The company said an experimental lymphoma treatment regimen failed in a late-stage clinical trial.
UnitedHealth Group Inc., down $1.69 to $220
The health insurer said it will buy Empresas Banmédica of South America for $2.8 billion.
Party City Holdco Inc., up $1.75 to $13.95
The party supply company said it will buy back $242 million in stock from private equity firm Advent International.
Overstock.com Inc., down $1.70 to $65.75
The online discount retailer has climbed along with the price of bitcoin, and fell in tandem with it Friday.
AAR Corp., down $3.74 to $40.21
The airplane maintenance company’s second-quarter profit and sales fell short of Wall Street estimates.