ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Beer brewed in New York and bearing the iconic “I Love NY” logo will be distributed in China starting next year.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Thursday that Two Dragons beer brewed by the Syracuse-based Empire Brewing Co. will arrive in China in February. He says the first officially licensed “I Love NY” beer will introduce the Empire State’s thriving craft beverage industry to a global audience.
The ale-style beer is brewed with hops grown in New York state and Chinese black tea. The bottle caps and labels bear the official state tourism campaign’s “I Love NY” logo with a red heart between the “I” and “NY”.
Empire Brewing owner David Katleski says he was inspired to create Two Dragons during a state-sponsored trade mission to China last year.
Most Read Business Stories
- She bought a house in Seattle for $36,000 in 1973. How can she release some cash?
- Big Tech's newest thing? This Seattle author predicted it 30 years ago
- Microsoft’s $22 billion combat goggles get crucial field test with U.S. Army
- After stock market's worst start in 50 years, some see more pain ahead
- Supreme Court says several gun cases deserve a new look