ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Beer brewed in New York and bearing the iconic “I Love NY” logo will be distributed in China starting next year.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Thursday that Two Dragons beer brewed by the Syracuse-based Empire Brewing Co. will arrive in China in February. He says the first officially licensed “I Love NY” beer will introduce the Empire State’s thriving craft beverage industry to a global audience.
The ale-style beer is brewed with hops grown in New York state and Chinese black tea. The bottle caps and labels bear the official state tourism campaign’s “I Love NY” logo with a red heart between the “I” and “NY”.
Empire Brewing owner David Katleski says he was inspired to create Two Dragons during a state-sponsored trade mission to China last year.
Most Read Business Stories
- Beleaguered WeWork and Martin Selig dissolve deal for Seattle tower
- In their 50s, this couple is turning over a new financial leaf | Money Makeover
- In heart of Amazon’s Seattle headquarters, a first-of-its-kind family shelter takes shape for Mary’s Place VIEW
- Fortnite goes dark. Gamers wonder what’s next.
- Tegna seats, possible sale are said to be sought by investor