DEARBORN, Mich. (AP) — A Muslim man who says Little Caesars served him a pizza with pepperoni made with pork has filed a lawsuit seeking $100 million.
The Detroit Free Press reports (http://on.freep.com/2qn8Vxm ) the lawsuit filed Thursday in Wayne County Circuit Court says the pizza sold in the Detroit suburb of Dearborn was labeled “halal,” meaning it shouldn’t contain pork and would be prepared in a way that follows Islamic law.
A Little Caesars statement says the chain “cherishes our customers from all religions and cultures” and believes the lawsuit is “without merit.”
The lawsuit seeks class-action status. It says Mohamad Bazzi twice ordered “halal” pizza containing pork.
Most Read Business Stories
- King County’s new fireworks rules haven’t discouraged these tribal vendors
- EV demand is so hot that Tesla owners are flipping their cars like houses
- When private jets ferry billionaires to small-town Idaho
- Long, moderate and painful: What next U.S. recession may look like
- How full does SSD need to be before Windows begins to slow? Can Windows 11 be reset to default settings?
His attorney, Majed Moughni, says the lawsuit aims to deter others from accidentally ordering food containing pork from the restaurant. Dearborn has a large Muslim population.