The business week ahead
MONDAY: The Institute for Supply Management releases its manufacturing index for November. … The Commerce Department reports on October construction spending.
WEDNESDAY: Payroll processor ADP reports how many jobs private employers added in November. … The Labor Department releases its revised third-quarter productivity data. … The Institute for Supply Management issues its service-sector index for November. … The Federal Reserve releases the Beige Book, its regional summaries of the economic outlook.
THURSDAY: The Northwest Multiple Listing Service’s release of Seattle-area home-price data for November will offer a look at whether the housing-market slowdown is continuing. … The Commerce Department reports on international trade as well as U.S. factory orders for October.
FRIDAY: The Labor Department reports employment data for November, the last big economic statistics out before the Federal Reserve’s interest rate decision Dec. 19. … The Fed releases consumer-credit data for October.
Most Read Business Stories
- Forget Marie Kondo: There's a better, high-tech method to tidying up
- Canada's answer to Tesla is a $15,500 electric three-wheeler
- Seattle construction still booming and won't end anytime soon
- Property taxes dropping in half of King County cities after years of big increases
- REI CEO Jerry Stritzke resigns, saying he failed to disclose a 'personal' relationship