The business week ahead
TODAY: The Northwest Multiple Listing Service releases its local home-sale data for October — how much will home prices go up this time?
TUESDAY: The Labor Department releases its job openings and labor turnover survey for September. … The Federal Reserve reports consumer credit data for September.
WEDNESDAY: President Donald Trump starts his three-day state visit to China, and as is typical on such trips, he’ll sign a series of business deals. Expect an announcement of a large sale of Boeing jets, although as is usual with Chinese airplane order news, it may be difficult to discern how much of the order is truly new.
THURSDAY: Nordstrom discusses its third-quarter financial results in a 1:45 p.m. conference call with analysts. … The Economist holds a “Space Summit” at Seattle’s Museum of Flight, focusing on the future of human space exploration. Speakers include the head of Airbus’ space division and the CEOs of Planetary Resources, the local venture aiming to mine asteroids, and Earth2Orbit, India’s first private space startup.
Most Read Business Stories
- Jet-engine explosion triggered chaotic 2015 Las Vegas fire, NTSB report says
- High Court: Online shoppers can be forced to pay sales tax
- Intel CEO out after consensual relationship with employee
- Seattle's Privateer launches $100M IPO for its Canadian marijuana company
- With stock and real estate hot, Seattle pet-insurance company Trupanion buying Georgetown HQ