The business week ahead
TODAY: U.S. stock and bond markets are closed for the Presidents Day holiday.
TUESDAY: Walmart, the world’s biggest retailer, will report its fourth-quarter financial results, which should signal how its online efforts are doing in competition with Amazon.
WEDNESDAY: The National Association of Realtors releases existing home sales for January. … The Federal Reserve releases minutes from its January interest-rate meeting.
THURSDAY: Mortgage company Freddie Mac releases weekly mortgage rates. The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage rate jumped last week to 4.38 percent — its highest level in nearly four years.
Most Read Business Stories
- House-rich, savings-poor and eyeing retirement, Bellevue couple ponders options | Money Makeover
- GE's fall illuminates bigger problems facing the American economy | Jon Talton
- Firefox is back, and it’s time to give it a try | Tech Review
- These places will pay U.S. workers thousands of dollars to move there
- Amazon employees demand company cut ties with ICE