The business week ahead
TODAY: U.S. stock and bond markets are closed for the Presidents Day holiday.
TUESDAY: Walmart, the world’s biggest retailer, will report its fourth-quarter financial results, which should signal how its online efforts are doing in competition with Amazon.
WEDNESDAY: The National Association of Realtors releases existing home sales for January. … The Federal Reserve releases minutes from its January interest-rate meeting.
THURSDAY: Mortgage company Freddie Mac releases weekly mortgage rates. The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage rate jumped last week to 4.38 percent — its highest level in nearly four years.
Most Read Business Stories
- Boeing's head of communications stepping down
- No good deed goes unpunished — Bezos' gift and its discontents | Jon Talton
- Coca-Cola eyeing drinks infused with pot’s CBD
- ‘Pit-bull’ lawyer suing IBM for age discrimination
- Amazon has patented a system that would put workers in a cage, on top of a robot