The business week ahead
TODAY: U.S. stock and bond markets are closed for the Presidents Day holiday.
TUESDAY: Walmart, the world’s biggest retailer, will report its fourth-quarter financial results, which should signal how its online efforts are doing in competition with Amazon.
WEDNESDAY: The National Association of Realtors releases existing home sales for January. … The Federal Reserve releases minutes from its January interest-rate meeting.
THURSDAY: Mortgage company Freddie Mac releases weekly mortgage rates. The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage rate jumped last week to 4.38 percent — its highest level in nearly four years.
Most Read Business Stories
- As coffee-cup controversy simmers, Starbucks vows to spend $10M to invent new ones
- No deal: Nordstrom family’s price not enough for board
- Amazon topples Google parent as the world’s No. 2 most valuable company
- Spurred by Amazon, Airbus reportedly weighs building A330 cargo model
- H&M’s battle over graffiti fuels debate over street artists’ copyright privileges