The business week ahead
MONDAY: U.S. stock and bond markets are closed for the Presidents Day holiday.
TUESDAY: The National Association of Home Builders releases its housing market index for February. … The world’s biggest retailer, Walmart, reports its fourth-quarter financial results. The report might give some clues about the strength of consumer spending — of concern recently.
WEDNESDAY: The Federal Reserve releases minutes from its January interest-rate meeting. Investors are interested in the deliberations because that’s when the Fed made a subtle but significant shift in its economic outlook.
THURSDAY: The Commerce Department reports on durable goods for December. … The National Association of Realtors releases existing-home sales data for January.
Most Read Business Stories
- Flawed analysis, failed oversight: How Boeing, FAA certified the suspect 737 MAX flight control system | Times Watchdog
- Belltown penthouse is region’s priciest condo sale ever — and new owners won't even live there
- Doomed jets lacked 2 key safety features that Boeing sold only as extras
- Helicopters rescue Norway cruise ship passengers amid storm VIEW
- Boeing begins new 737 MAX pilot information sessions and defends the jet's cockpit displays