The business week ahead
MONDAY: U.S. stock and bond markets are closed for the Presidents Day holiday.
TUESDAY: The National Association of Home Builders releases its housing market index for February. … The world’s biggest retailer, Walmart, reports its fourth-quarter financial results. The report might give some clues about the strength of consumer spending — of concern recently.
WEDNESDAY: The Federal Reserve releases minutes from its January interest-rate meeting. Investors are interested in the deliberations because that’s when the Fed made a subtle but significant shift in its economic outlook.
THURSDAY: The Commerce Department reports on durable goods for December. … The National Association of Realtors releases existing-home sales data for January.
Most Read Business Stories
- Tacoma's housing market is now the hottest in U.S. — and Seattle knows why
- How do I get rid of pesky pop-up notifications in Chrome? | Q&A with Patrick Marshall
- CEOs get $800,000 pay raise, leaving workers further behind
- Where US home affordability is the worst
- Boeing faces preliminary SEC investigation into its 737 MAX disclosures