The business week ahead
TODAY: The Institute for Supply Management releases its manufacturing index for June. … The Commerce Department reports on May construction spending.
TUESDAY: The Commerce Department releases factory orders for May.
WEDNESDAY: U.S. financial markets are closed for the Independence Day holiday.
THURSDAY: The Northwest Multiple Listing Service releases its local home-price data for June, normally a busy month for the Seattle-area real estate market. … The Institute for Supply Management releases its service sector index for June. … The Federal Reserve issues the minutes from its June interest-rate meeting.
FRIDAY: The Labor Department reports U.S. employment data for June. … The Commerce Department releases May international trade data.
Most Read Business Stories
- Amazon: Canceled New York jobs likely to go elsewhere; company will 'continue to evaluate' growth in Seattle
- Airbus's A380 failure ripples through its rivalry with Boeing in complex ways
- Record 7 million Americans are 3 months behind on car payments, a red flag for economy
- REI CEO Jerry Stritzke resigns, saying he failed to disclose a 'personal' relationship
- Delta's Seattle-based employees get $47 million in bonuses