The business week ahead
MONDAY: Traders ring out the year in U.S. financial markets after a stomach-churning, roller-coaster ride in the last month.
TUESDAY: Stock and bond markets are closed for New Year’s Day.
THURSDAY: Payroll processor ADP issues its employment survey for December. … The Institute for Supply Management releases its December manufacturing index. … Automakers release U.S. vehicle sales data for December.
FRIDAY: The Labor Department reports U.S. employment data for December.
Most Read Business Stories
- King County property tax bills are coming, and the housing market slowdown won't lower your bill
- Furloughed federal workers offered 90-day, interest-free loans by Washington Federal
- Seattle still has the most cranes in America, and construction isn't losing much steam
- Macy's will close its Northgate store next year, Redmond store in next few months
- Outpouring of generosity for TSA workers, others without pay VIEW