The business week ahead
MONDAY: Traders ring out the year in U.S. financial markets after a stomach-churning, roller-coaster ride in the last month.
TUESDAY: Stock and bond markets are closed for New Year’s Day.
THURSDAY: Payroll processor ADP issues its employment survey for December. … The Institute for Supply Management releases its December manufacturing index. … Automakers release U.S. vehicle sales data for December.
FRIDAY: The Labor Department reports U.S. employment data for December.
Most Read Business Stories
- Apple says it plans to turn Seattle into 'key engineering hub' with 2,000 new workers
- Seattle is 'a notable exception' for stalled home prices
- Sellers in Amazon's bookstore feel beaten up by counterfeit Wild West
- Housing crunch sends bigger populations to smaller towns
- Nintendo's Doug Bowser begins his reign, enjoying jokes about his namesake Mario nemesis