The business week ahead
TODAY: The Institute for Supply Management releases its manufacturing index for September. … Automakers release September vehicle sales data.
TUESDAY: Jeff Bezos’ space company Blue Origin will conduct a dramatic test of the emergency escape system on its New Shepard rocket at its remote Texas launch site. The test will propel the capsule atop the booster rocket away to safety but is expected to destroy the rocket. A live webcast starts at 7:50 a.m. Seattle time at blueorigin.com. … The British-American Business Council holds its annual Pacific Northwest aerospace conference at the Museum of Flight. The conference focuses on the future of the industry with speakers including Airbus Americas president Barry Eccleston.
WEDNESDAY: The Northwest Multiple Listing Service releases its monthly housing data. Will home prices cool as the buying season moves into the fall? … The Institute for Supply Management issues its service sector index for September.
THURSDAY: The annual Governor’s Aerospace Summit is hosted by Gov. Jay Inslee at the Lynnwood Convention Center. Boeing Vice President of Product Development Mike Sinnett will talk about Boeing’s future, and the CEO of Spike Aerospace, Vik Kachoria, will lay out his company’s plans for an 18-passenger supersonic jet.
Most Read Stories
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Seahawks' Kam Chancellor likely out for season, report says, but Pete Carroll says nothing official yet WATCH
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- Navy grounds Whidbey crew after aircraft draws penis shape in sky above Eastern Washington
FRIDAY: Spanish engineering firm MTorres, which specializes in aerospace manufacturing equipment, celebrates the groundbreaking for its new engineering research facility in Everett. Gov. Inslee will attend along with MTorres America Chairman Eduardo Torres. … The Labor Department reports September U.S. employment data.