The business week ahead
TODAY: The U.S. bond market is closed for the Columbus Day holiday, but the stock market is open.
WEDNESDAY: The Labor Department releases its job openings and labor-turnover survey for August. … The Federal Reserve issues minutes from its September interest-rate meeting.
THURSDAY: The Labor Department reports the Producer Price Index for September. … JPMorgan Chase and Citigroup kick off the earnings report season, releasing their quarterly financial results.
FRIDAY: The Commerce Department reports on September retail sales and August business inventories. … The Labor Department releases the Consumer Price Index for September. … Two other big banks, Wells Fargo and Bank of America, report their quarterly results.
Most Read Business Stories
- Boeing, pursuing its 797 concept, woos a key Airbus customer and stirs industry debate
- Airbus CEO Enders says challenge to Boeing will grow even stronger
- Farnborough Air Show: GE still unconvinced about demand for 797
- Bitter legal fight roils Harley Marine Services, a big player on Seattle waterfront
- I used Apple’s new controls to limit a teenager’s iPhone time (and it worked!)