The business week ahead
TODAY: The U.S. bond market is closed for the Columbus Day holiday, but the stock market is open.
WEDNESDAY: The Labor Department releases its job openings and labor-turnover survey for August. … The Federal Reserve issues minutes from its September interest-rate meeting.
THURSDAY: The Labor Department reports the Producer Price Index for September. … JPMorgan Chase and Citigroup kick off the earnings report season, releasing their quarterly financial results.
FRIDAY: The Commerce Department reports on September retail sales and August business inventories. … The Labor Department releases the Consumer Price Index for September. … Two other big banks, Wells Fargo and Bank of America, report their quarterly results.
Most Read Business Stories
- United gives $10,000 travel voucher to 'bumped' passenger
- No rescue by Congress for $75M fishing boat in Anacortes that can’t fish in U.S. waters
- Whole Foods reportedly laying off regional marketing staff, store graphic artists
- Florida, salmon farmer to the world? Firm building massive cold-water fish farm on tropical land
- Seattle taxes may reach a tipping point | Jon Talton