The business week ahead
TODAY: The U.S. bond market is closed for the Columbus Day holiday, but the stock market is open.
WEDNESDAY: The Labor Department releases its job openings and labor-turnover survey for August. … The Federal Reserve issues minutes from its September interest-rate meeting.
THURSDAY: The Labor Department reports the Producer Price Index for September. … JPMorgan Chase and Citigroup kick off the earnings report season, releasing their quarterly financial results.
FRIDAY: The Commerce Department reports on September retail sales and August business inventories. … The Labor Department releases the Consumer Price Index for September. … Two other big banks, Wells Fargo and Bank of America, report their quarterly results.
Most Read Stories
- CDC gets list of forbidden terms, including: ‘fetus,’ ‘transgender,’ ‘diversity’
- 2 police officers shot, suspect killed in Bremerton
- Men caught in Bellevue prostitution stings let off because cops’ cameras mistakenly recorded audio
- Violations prompt Washington state to cancel Atlantic salmon farm lease at Port Angeles WATCH
- Take a last look as Rainier Square tumbles down; second-tallest building in Seattle will rise there | Seattle Sketcher