The business week ahead
TODAY: The U.S. bond market is closed for the Columbus Day holiday, but the stock market is open.
WEDNESDAY: The Labor Department releases its job openings and labor-turnover survey for August. … The Federal Reserve issues minutes from its September interest-rate meeting.
THURSDAY: The Labor Department reports the Producer Price Index for September. … JPMorgan Chase and Citigroup kick off the earnings report season, releasing their quarterly financial results.
FRIDAY: The Commerce Department reports on September retail sales and August business inventories. … The Labor Department releases the Consumer Price Index for September. … Two other big banks, Wells Fargo and Bank of America, report their quarterly results.
Most Read Stories
- Police: Lynnwood 6-year-old drowned in bathtub by visiting relative
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- 'The Big Dark' is here as first of three storms rolls into Northwest on stretch of trans-Pacific moisture
- Why Seattleites love to hate the umbrella
- Dough Zone opens in Seattle: better than Din Tai Fung?! | Cheap Eats