The business week ahead
TODAY: Qantas CEO Alan Joyce and a large contingent of Australian media celebrated the delivery of the airline’s first Boeing 787 Dreamliner at the Future of Flight exhibition center at Paine Field in Everett.
TUESDAY: Microsoft starts rolling out its latest set of new features for the Windows 10 operating system, dubbed the Fall Creative Update.
THURSDAY: Amazon’s deadline for municipalities to submit bids to be the site of the retailer’s second headquarters hits at midnight. The Seattle company has said it plans to spend $5 billion, and place up to 50,000 workers, at its HQ2 in some North American city. It’s soliciting information on specific sites, regional data, and tax breaks and other incentives. … The annual aerospace conference of the British-American Business Council, held at the Museum of Flight in Seattle, includes speakers from Airbus and Boeing and panel discussions on the outlook for the business internationally.
FRIDAY: The 2017 Governor’s Life Science Summit, the 13th annual gathering of life-science leaders in the state to discuss the future of the industry, is held from 7-11:30 a.m. at Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue.
Most Read Stories
- Man who accused Ed Murray of sexual abuse found dead in Auburn motel WATCH
- After 911 calls and a lockdown at Highline College, police find 'zero evidence' of a shooting VIEW
- Snow in Seattle? Freezing temperatures? 'Be ready for it'
- With work permits in limbo, spouses of H-1B visa holders worry they’ll lose jobs
- Everett teen arrested after grandmother finds journal detailing school-shooting plot, police say
This story was originally published Oct. 15, 2017, and corrected the next day. An earlier version gave the wrong location for the Qantas celebration on Monday.