The business week ahead
TODAY: Qantas CEO Alan Joyce and a large contingent of Australian media celebrated the delivery of the airline’s first Boeing 787 Dreamliner at the Future of Flight exhibition center at Paine Field in Everett.
TUESDAY: Microsoft starts rolling out its latest set of new features for the Windows 10 operating system, dubbed the Fall Creative Update.
THURSDAY: Amazon’s deadline for municipalities to submit bids to be the site of the retailer’s second headquarters hits at midnight. The Seattle company has said it plans to spend $5 billion, and place up to 50,000 workers, at its HQ2 in some North American city. It’s soliciting information on specific sites, regional data, and tax breaks and other incentives. … The annual aerospace conference of the British-American Business Council, held at the Museum of Flight in Seattle, includes speakers from Airbus and Boeing and panel discussions on the outlook for the business internationally.
FRIDAY: The 2017 Governor’s Life Science Summit, the 13th annual gathering of life-science leaders in the state to discuss the future of the industry, is held from 7-11:30 a.m. at Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue.
Most Read Business Stories
- House-rich, savings-poor and eyeing retirement, Bellevue couple ponders options | Money Makeover
- For house flippers, reality doesn’t match reality TV
- Firefox is back, and it’s time to give it a try | Tech Review
- GE's fall illuminates bigger problems facing the American economy | Jon Talton
- Amazon employees demand company cut ties with ICE
This story was originally published Oct. 15, 2017, and corrected the next day. An earlier version gave the wrong location for the Qantas celebration on Monday.