The business week ahead
TODAY: Stock and bond markets are closed for Christmas Day.
TUESDAY: Standard & Poor’s releases the Case-Shiller monthly home-price index for October. The Seattle area has led the nation in home-price increases for 13 months in a row.
WEDNESDAY: The Conference Board reveals its latest monthly consumer- confidence index Wednesday. Last month the index hit a 17-year high, reaching 129.5. The business research group’s index measures consumers’ assessment of current conditions and their outlook for the next six months … The National Association of Realtors releases its pending home- sales index for November.
THURSDAY: The Labor Department reports its weekly tally of applications for unemployment benefits.
Most Read Business Stories
- She bought a house in Seattle for $36,000 in 1973. How can she release some cash?
- When private jets ferry billionaires to small-town Idaho
- Next time your Seattle landlord hikes the rent, you may be eligible for help
- Big Tech's newest thing? This Seattle author predicted it 30 years ago
- How to scrub yourself from the internet, the best that you can