The business week ahead
TODAY: Stock and bond markets are closed for Christmas Day.
TUESDAY: Standard & Poor’s releases the Case-Shiller monthly home-price index for October. The Seattle area has led the nation in home-price increases for 13 months in a row.
WEDNESDAY: The Conference Board reveals its latest monthly consumer- confidence index Wednesday. Last month the index hit a 17-year high, reaching 129.5. The business research group’s index measures consumers’ assessment of current conditions and their outlook for the next six months … The National Association of Realtors releases its pending home- sales index for November.
THURSDAY: The Labor Department reports its weekly tally of applications for unemployment benefits.
Most Read Business Stories
- Some Pacific Northwest CEOs earn 200 or 400 times what the average employee is paid
- Your password has likely been stolen. Here's what to do about it.
- Amazon announces plans for Spokane warehouse, first Eastern Washington outpost
- Spotting planes - and people - on a final wander around the Farnborough Air Show
- More people are buying a home — the biggest financial decision of their lives — sight unseen