The business week ahead
TODAY: Stock and bond markets are closed for Christmas Day.
TUESDAY: Standard & Poor’s releases the Case-Shiller monthly home-price index for October. The Seattle area has led the nation in home-price increases for 13 months in a row.
WEDNESDAY: The Conference Board reveals its latest monthly consumer- confidence index Wednesday. Last month the index hit a 17-year high, reaching 129.5. The business research group’s index measures consumers’ assessment of current conditions and their outlook for the next six months … The National Association of Realtors releases its pending home- sales index for November.
THURSDAY: The Labor Department reports its weekly tally of applications for unemployment benefits.
Most Read Business Stories
- Boeing is bullish on commercial jet outlook, plans increase in 767 production
- Seattle-area home-price growth from current boom has surpassed last decade’s bubble
- Bombardier CSeries set to become just another Airbus jet after deal
- Big-name movie created with technology from two small Seattle startups WATCH
- How Comcast is trying to change the cable game