The business week ahead
TODAY: Stock and bond markets are closed for Christmas Day.
TUESDAY: Standard & Poor’s releases the Case-Shiller monthly home-price index for October. The Seattle area has led the nation in home-price increases for 13 months in a row.
WEDNESDAY: The Conference Board reveals its latest monthly consumer- confidence index Wednesday. Last month the index hit a 17-year high, reaching 129.5. The business research group’s index measures consumers’ assessment of current conditions and their outlook for the next six months … The National Association of Realtors releases its pending home- sales index for November.
THURSDAY: The Labor Department reports its weekly tally of applications for unemployment benefits.
Most Read Stories
- Amazon Go cashierless convenience store opens to the public in Seattle VIEW
- Are you ready? Here comes a deluge of rain, snow across Western Washington
- Alaska hit by 7.9 earthquake; tsunami warning canceled VIEW
- Amazon Go draws crowds: How does it work? Answers to questions on the new retail store
- Analysis | Why did the Seahawks move on from Kris Richard as defensive coordinator? A look at the numbers