The business week ahead
TUESDAY: The Cascadia Innovation Corridor Conference, the second formal gathering of a Microsoft-sponsored effort to build closer ties between Seattle and Vancouver, B.C., kicks off in Seattle. Local, state and provincial officials and corporate leaders are expected to attend. … Local companies Alder Biopharmaceuticals, Juno Therapeutics and Seattle Genetics are among the biotechnology firms presenting Tuesday at a three-day Morgan Stanley Healthcare Conference in New York.
WEDNESDAY: Labor Department releases the Producer Price Index for August.
THURSDAY: Weekly U.S. jobless claims are reported by the Labor Department.
FRIDAY: Commerce Department releases retail sales data for August, an early sign of the economic impact of Hurricane Harvey.
Most Read Stories
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- Residents fight Seattle rules allowing apartment developers to forgo parking
- Seattle’s crazy restaurant boom | PNW Magazine VIEW
- Cleveland Browns waive Kasen Williams, could a return to Seahawks be in the offing?
- UW's Azeem Victor suspended indefinitely after arrest