TUPELO, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi bank is buying a Georgia bank for $453 million in cash and stock.
Renasant Corp. of Tupelo announced on Wednesday the acquisition of Brand Group Holdings of Lawrenceville, Georgia.
Adding BrandBank’s $2.4 billion in assets and 13 offices is a major expansion in Atlanta for Renasant. The Mississippi bank says it will become the 10th largest Atlanta-area bank by market share.
It’s Renasant’s fifth acquisition since 2013, boosting assets over $12 billion. The purchase price is 95 percent in stock, giving Brand shareholders 16.5 percent of the combined company.
Most Read Business Stories
- Flawed analysis, failed oversight: How Boeing, FAA certified the suspect 737 MAX flight control system | Times Watchdog
- Belltown penthouse is region’s priciest condo sale ever — and new owners won't even live there
- Amazon finds an alternative workforce through Northwest Center, a Seattle nonprofit helping people with disabilities
- Boeing defends 737 MAX's cockpit add-ons, begins new pilot information sessions
- Doomed jets lacked 2 key safety features that Boeing sold only as extras
Renasant aims to complete the acquisition by Sept. 30, saying it will add to profits immediately, excluding one-time merger costs of $42 million.
The company will hire Brand’s fifth-generation family CEO, Bartow Morgan Jr., as chief commercial banking officer.