Microsoft may be ready to go hostile in its bid for Yahoo as soon as today, according to a report Thursday night in The Wall Street Journal.
Citing unnamed people familiar with the matter, The Journal reported the situation was fluid and that the company could change its strategy. Microsoft would not comment.
Chief Executive Steve Ballmer told The Journal earlier Thursday he can build an Internet ad business without buying Yahoo.
Meanwhile, Yahoo is exploring an ad partnership with Google. Impressed by a two-week test finished last month, Yahoo could firm up a long-term deal within a week, The Journal said.
Most Read Business Stories
- 6 Dr. Seuss books won't be published for racist images
- Amazon sued by Black cloud-computing manager over alleged racial discrimination and sexual harassment
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
- Frontier cancels flight, citing maskless passengers
- Biden vows enough vaccine for all US adults by end of May