NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Monday:
Advanced Accelerator Applications SA, up $7.59 to $80.50
The French radiopharmaceutical company agreed to be bought by Swiss drugmaker Novartis for $82 per U.S.-traded share.
Merck and Co., down $3.53 to $54.71
Most Read Business Stories
- Amazon Go is moving toward the suburbs, starting in Mill Creek
- All flights in and out of Paine Field canceled Monday as 5G bars regional jets
- Seattle home-price growth heats up a bit as much of U.S. cools
- Washington attorney general sues Google over location tracking
- Employees at 2 more Seattle Starbucks locations plan to unionize
The drugmaker withdrew a European Union marketing application to market its cancer drug Keytruda.
CalAtlantic Group Inc., up $8.62 to $49.07
The homebuilder will be bought by competitor Lennar for $51.34 a share, or $5.7 billion.
Strayer Education Inc., up $8.27 to $100
The for-profit education company is buying Capella Education for about $1.9 billion in stock.
Dynegy Inc., up 63 cents to $11.85
The power company is combining with Vistra Energy in a deal that values Dynegy at $13.24 a share.
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co., down $3.55 to $32.20
The company’s third-quarter sales fell far short of estimates and it cut its profit margin forecast.
Lincoln National Corp., down 93 cents to $76.40
Banks and other financial companies declined as interest rates dropped.
Iconix Brand Group Inc., down $3.06 to $1.85
The clothing brand licensing company said Wal-Mart won’t renew a deal.