Steve McConnell was appointed managing partner at Seattle-based NBBJ, an architecture firm with offices worldwide.
McConnell has been at NBBJ for 24 years, most recently as the design partner, and will now oversee the firm’s strategy, marketing, design practice and operations leadership.
As a design partner he worked on ways to improve building designs and was responsible for more than 100 projects representing more than 10 million square feet and more than $5 billion in construction cost.
joined CFO Selections in Bellevue.
Most Read Business Stories
- Hunts Point mansion, famous for huge art collection, sells for record $37.5 million WATCH
- Protecting your Internet accounts keeps getting easier. Here’s how to do it.
- Renter boom: Apartments filling up faster in Seattle area than anywhere in the U.S.
- Medicare, Social Security face shaky fiscal futures
- Microsoft workers join China's debate over grueling workweek
Meredith Daniels was hired by DBM Contractors in Federal Way as a senior project manager.
Dr. Andy Chien joined the dermatology department at Group Health Bellevue Medical Center; Dr. Andrew Warner joined the obstetrics/gynecology department at Group Health Capitol Hill Medical Center in Seattle; and Dr. Amanda Brender joined the family medicine department at Group Health Factoria Medical Center in Bellevue.
Carlos Espinoza was named vice president of marketing and communications at KCTS 9, Seattle.
Chris Lucero was promoted to corporate sales director at Leisure Care, Seattle. Torsten Hirche was named president and CEO of Presbyterian Retirement Communities Northwest.
To be included in the On the Move column, email firstname.lastname@example.org; send the information by fax, 206-382-8879; or mail, The Seattle Times, P.O. Box 70, Seattle, WA 98111.