ECRU, Miss. (AP) — A northeast Mississippi man is charged with three counts of second-degree arson in a furniture factory fire.
Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask says 30-year-old Jason Lee Doss of Pontotoc is jailed awaiting a hearing on bail. It’s unclear if Doss has a lawyer to speak for him.
Thursday’s blaze at American Furniture in Ecru was the third fire there in just over a year. An October fire was ruled arson, while the cause of a January 2018 fire is unknown.
Local news outlets report Doss has confessed and that all three charges are related to Thursday’s fire.
Most Read Business Stories
- 'Sold by Amazon' program shut down after WA attorney general's antitrust investigation
- Amazon Go is moving toward the suburbs, starting in Mill Creek
- All flights in and out of Paine Field canceled Monday as 5G bars regional jets
- Boeing reports net loss in 2021 as cost of 787 delivery halt soars to $5.5 billion
- Seattle home-price growth heats up a bit as much of U.S. cools
Sheriff Mask says employees followed Doss down a road, leading to his arrest.
No employees were injured, but company officials estimate more than 5,000 pieces of finished furniture were destroyed.