NEW YORK (AP) — Print and online magazines are now eligible for Pulitzer Prizes in all journalism categories.
The Pulitzer Prize Board announced Wednesday that entries of work done in 2016 will be accepted beginning in December for the 2017 prizes.
The board says it made its decision after two years of experimentation.
New entry guidelines are posted at Pulitzer.org .
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- Athletic director Bill Moos surprises WSU, leaves for AD job at Nebraska
- Analysis: What went wrong in Washington’s loss at Arizona State WATCH
- Washington can kiss its playoff hopes goodbye after debacle in desert WATCH
- Suspects’ phones led Northwest investigators to carcasses in one of the biggest poaching cases they’ve ever seen VIEW
The Pulitzers are considered one of American journalism’s most prestigious awards. They recognize various categories of reporting, photography and opinion writing, as well as editorial cartooning.
The prizes also honor drama, music and fiction and nonfiction books.
The Pulitzers are administered by Columbia University. The 2016 Pulitzers marked the centennial of the awards being handed out.