Feb. 24 — March 2 Monday • The Defense Acquisition Board meets to finalize the Air Force's choice of airplane to replace a large...
Feb. 24 — March 2
• The Defense Acquisition Board meets to finalize the Air Force’s choice of airplane to replace a large portion of its aging fleet of air refueling tankers. The $40 billion decision will be made public soon after, possibly Monday afternoon but certainly within days. Boeing, which had the contract in the bag in 2001 then saw it disappear in a procurement scandal, hopes its 767 offering — built in Everett — will win out a second time over the Northrop Grumman-EADS team.
• Nordstrom will release its fourth-quarter financial results after the market closes. A 1:30 p.m. conference call to discuss the results will be accessible at 888-323-7915, passcode NORD, and will be webcast live at www.nordstrom.com, Investor Relations section.
Most Read Business Stories
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
- Washington state ‘literally failed workers,’ and fixing the unemployment system won't be easy
- Downtowns will be back, but Seattle has choices to make
- The wave of COVID-19 bankruptcies has begun
- Boutique cruise line Windstar will move its Seattle headquarters to Miami
• The January jobless rates for Washington state and the Seattle area are released. The December rate for the state was 4.8 percent, while the Seattle metro area was 3.9 percent. Both were up slightly from the month before but below the U.S. average of 5 percent.
• SeaBright Insurance Holdings will release fourth-quarter and full-year financial results after the market closes. A 1:30 p.m. conference call to discuss the results will be accessible by calling 877-852-6580 and will be webcast at http://investor.sbic.com.
• Anthony “Sir Mix-A-Lot” Ray, who won a Grammy Award for Best Rap Solo Performance in 1993, will speak at the Celebration of African-American Business Achievement dinner at 5:30 p.m. at the University of Washington Club on the University of Washington campus. He will be joined on the panel of innovators and entrepreneurs by Craig Dawson, founder and CEO of Retail Lockbox and co-founder of the Tabor 100, an association of African-American business owners, and Lori Milton, senior loan officer of Evergreen Community Development.
• Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke testifies before the House Financial Services Committee.
• Cardiac Science will release its fourth-quarter and 2007 financial results after the market closes. A 1:30 p.m. conference call to discuss the results is accessible by calling 866-250-2351 and will be webcast live at www.cardiacscience.com.
• Esterline Technologies will discuss its first-quarter financial results in a 2 p.m. conference call. It’s accessible at 866-400-3310 and will be replayed online shortly after its conclusion at www.esterline.com.
• Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke testifies before the Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee.