May 11 — 17 Monday • Clearwire will post its first-quarter financial results at about 1:05 p.m. at http://newsroom.clearwire http://newsroom.clearwire.com. A 2 p.m...
May 11 — 17
• Clearwire will post its first-quarter financial results at about 1:05 p.m. at http://newsroom.clearwire.com. A 2 p.m. conference call to discuss the results will be webcast live at http://investors.clearwire.com and accessible at 888-713-4217, passcode 47287547.
• InfoSpace will hold its annual shareholders’ meeting at 10 a.m. at The Westin Bellevue, 600 Bellevue Way N.E., Bellevue.
Most Read Business Stories
- 1 house, 45 offers: Homebuyers in Western Washington hard-pressed as supply remains scarce
- 55,000 in Washington state may have to pay back thousands in jobless benefits
- Boeing made an entire fake neighborhood to hide its bombers from potential WWII airstrikes
- Seattle artists worry potential sale of historic INS building could spell the end for their studios
- Frontier cancels flight, citing maskless passengers
• The state Employment Security Department releases jobs and unemployment data for April. The March jobless rate rose sharply, to 4.9 percent; April’s numbers should provide evidence whether that was a blip or the start of a slowdown.
• Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates will address more than 100 chief executives during the company’s annual CEO Summit at its Redmond headquarters.
• CombiMatrix will release its first-quarter financial results after the market closes. A 1:30 p.m. conference call will be accessible at 800-704-9804, participant code 259491#, and will be webcast live at www.combimatrix.com, Investor section.
• Nordstrom will report its first-quarter financial results after the market closes. A 1:30 p.m. conference call to discuss the results will be accessible at 888-390-0675 and webcast live at http://investor.nordstrom.com.
• The 2008 Washington State Biomedical Device Summit takes place from 4-7 p.m. at the University of Washington Bothell. A presentation will be made on the findings of a report on the economic impact of the biomedical device industry in Washington state. There also will be a panel discussion by key executives from the region’s biomedical device industry and the launch of the Biomedical Device Innovation Partnership Zone (IPZ).
• Puget Sound Energy customers will be able to comment to state regulators on the utility’s proposed acquisition by an Australian-Canadian consortium, as well as its request to increase electricity and natural gas rates. This is the first of three public meetings in May and June scheduled by the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission. It will start at 6:30 p.m. at Bellevue Community College, Room 130 B, 3000 Landerholm Circle S.E., Bellevue.