Aug. 10 — 16 Tuesday • The Employment Security Department releases regional and statewide unemployment rates for July. In June, the state...
Aug. 10 — 16
• The Employment Security Department releases regional and statewide unemployment rates for July. In June, the state jobless rate rose slightly to 5.5 percent, which matched the national figure. The Seattle-area rate was lower at 3.9 percent. We’ll see if those trends continue.
• A consortium of international investors will file a rebuttal to opposition from the Attorney General’s Public Counsel to their acquisition of Puget Energy.
Most Read Business Stories
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
- Downtowns will be back, but Seattle has choices to make
- Boutique cruise line Windstar will move its Seattle headquarters to Miami
- Zillow’s price estimates are now cash offers in homebuying push
- US advisers endorse single-shot COVID-19 vaccine from J&J
• Earnings report: Intelli-Check — Mobilisa, second-quarter results released before the market opens, 8 a.m. conference call accessible at 877-407-8037.
• Earnings report: Nordstrom, second-quarter results released after the market closes, 1:30 p.m. conference call at 888-820-8951 (passcode NORD) and webcast at http://investor.nordstrom.com