Oct. 12 — 18 Monday • The government bond market is closed for the Columbus Day holiday. • Microsoft is scheduled to make...
Oct. 12 — 18
• The government bond market is closed for the Columbus Day holiday.
• Microsoft is scheduled to make a “significant announcement” on Silverlight, its competitor to Adobe’s Flash in online video and rich Internet applications.
Most Read Business Stories
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
- Downtowns will be back, but Seattle has choices to make
- Washington state ‘literally failed workers,’ and fixing the unemployment system won't be easy
- Boutique cruise line Windstar will move its Seattle headquarters to Miami
- J&J’s 1-dose shot cleared, giving US 3rd COVID-19 vaccine
• Microsoft opens a new Accessibility Showroom on its Redmond campus to highlight accessible technologies from the company and its partners for people with disabilities.
• Intelli-Check-Mobilisa will hold its annual shareholder’s meeting at 10 a.m. Eastern time in Alexandria, Va. CEO Nelson Ludlow will give a state of the company presentation, which will be webcast live at https://incommsolutions.webex.com/incommsolutions and accessible at 877-407-8037.
• Earnings report: TrueBlue, third-quarter results released after the market closes; 2 p.m. conference call webcast at www.TrueBlueInc.com.
• The Federal Reserve releases its Beige Book regional economic report
• The British-American Business Council and French-American Chamber of Commerce host a half-day conference at the Rainier Club on how the aerospace and defense industries will navigate the current financial turbulence. Panelists from companies including Boeing, Rolls-Royce and Naverus will discuss key technologies in areas such as fuel efficiency, emissions control and operating economics. A separate panel of financial and economic analysts will give the Wall Street perspective.
• Meet government and business officials at the Africa Day Business Forum, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Red Lion Hotel in Seattle. A celebration dinner and auction will take place from 7 to 9 p.m. Tickets: $60 for the forum, $60 for the dinner. Information: 206-256-6139.