July 13 — 19 Monday • The Farnborough Air Show opens outside London, with Boeing and Airbus holding their main news conferences...
July 13 — 19
• The Farnborough Air Show opens outside London, with Boeing and Airbus holding their main news conferences and announcing jet deals.
• Microsoft holds a news conference to lay out its video games strategy for the coming holiday season. The event is part of the E3 Media & Business Summit, which continues through Thursday in Los Angeles.
Most Read Business Stories
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
- Downtowns will be back, but Seattle has choices to make
- Washington state ‘literally failed workers,’ and fixing the unemployment system won't be easy
- Boutique cruise line Windstar will move its Seattle headquarters to Miami
- J&J’s 1-dose shot cleared, giving US 3rd COVID-19 vaccine
• The state Employment Security Department releases jobs data for June. Employers have cut payroll jobs for three months in a row; will the June data make it four?
• Nintendo and Sony hold press conferences in Los Angeles as part of the E3 Media & Business Summit.
• Microsoft General Counsel Brad Smith testifies before a Senate antitrust subcommittee reviewing the search advertising deal between Google and Yahoo and the future of Internet advertising.
• Boeing 787 chief Pat Shanahan provides the world an update on the much-delayed Dreamliner program at the Farnborough Air Show.
• Airbus and Boeing headline a keynote briefing at the Farnborough Air Show on “sustainable aviation” as the industry grapples with pressure from environmentalists to cut emissions.
• Earnings report: TrueBlue, second-quarter results released after the market closes, 2 p.m. conference call webcast at www.TrueBlueInc.com.
• Earnings report: Microsoft, fourth-quarter results released after the market closes; 2:30 p.m. conference call webcast at www.microsoft.com/msft, Investor Relations section.
• Gubernatorial candidate Dino Rossi will keynote the Bellevue Chamber Business Lunch, noon-1:30 p.m., at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue, 900 Bellevue Way N.E.
• Check out The Seattle Times Business section for TimesWatch, a monthly look at local economic indicators.