Oct. 5 — 11 Monday • Microsoft is holding a three-day Business Intelligence conference through Wednesday at the Washington State...
Oct. 5 — 11
• Microsoft is holding a three-day Business Intelligence conference through Wednesday at the Washington State Convention and Trade Center. Microsoft Business Division President Stephen Elop is scheduled to give a speech Monday morning.
Most Read Business Stories
- Seattle among top markets as U.S. home prices increase by double-digit percentages for the first time in years
- Another top Amazon executive to leave company
- Boeing 757 bound for Seattle makes emergency landing
- REI picks new satellite office ‘surrounded by trail networks’
- Alaska Airlines ordered to pay $3.2M to family of woman who died after escalator fall
• Gov. Christine Gregoire and Sen. Patty Murray will speak in Everett at the 2nd annual Governor’s Aerospace Summit, organized by the Aerospace Futures Alliance — a lobbying group that represents more than 100 aerospace companies in the state. Business leaders, policymakers, economic and workforce development professionals, educators, and other key industry stakeholders will attend the conference at the Edward D. Hansen Conference Center, Comcast Arena.
• Alcoa — the aluminum producer and one of the 30 Dow components — kicks off the earnings season each quarter. It reports its third-quarter results today.
• Costco Wholesale reports fourth-quarter financial results. An 8 a.m. conference call will be webcast at www.costco.com, Investor Relations page.
• Live real-estate Q&A: What’s the condo market like in downtown Seattle? How about downtown Bellevue? Ask Dean Jones, CEO of condo-marketing firm Realogics, about what he sees in the world of in-city condominiums. Submit your questions and log on at noon for answers at seattletimes.com/realestate