June 15 — 21 Tuesday • The state Employment Security Department releases jobs figures for May. The national jobless rate jumped...
June 15 — 21
• The state Employment Security Department releases jobs figures for May. The national jobless rate jumped half a percentage point last month, to 5.5 percent. Will Washington state continue to fare better than the rest of the country?
Most Read Business Stories
- Boeing made an entire fake neighborhood to hide its bombers from potential WWII airstrikes
- Seattle artists worry potential sale of historic INS building could spell the end for their studios
- Frontier cancels flight, citing maskless passengers
- Fired after organizing, Starbucks baristas turned down a payout and took their bosses to court
- 6 Dr. Seuss books won't be published for racist images
• The Government Accountability Office is expected to rule by Thursday on Boeing’s protest of the Air Force decision awarding a $108 billion refueling tanker contract to Northrop Grumman and Airbus parent EADS. A ruling for Boeing could mean a new competition; a ruling the other way means Northrop-EADS will establish the first U.S. assembly plant for the Airbus A330.
• Cell Therapeutics will hold a special meeting in lieu of its annual shareholders meeting at 10 a.m. at its Seattle headquarters at 501 Elliott Ave. W. The meeting will be webcast live at www.CellTherapeutics.com. It will also be accessible via conference call at 800-219-6110. Questions for management or the board of directors can be submitted through 8 a.m. June 18 to ShareholdersMeeting@ctiseattle.com.