Jan. 27 — Feb. 2 Monday • Plum Creek Timber will release its fourth-quarter and full year 2007 earnings after the market closes...
Jan. 27 — Feb. 2
• Plum Creek Timber will release its fourth-quarter and full year 2007 earnings after the market closes. A 2 p.m. conference call will be accessible at 800-572-9852 and webcast live at www.plumcreek.com, Investors section.
Most Read Business Stories
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
- Washington state ‘literally failed workers,’ and fixing the unemployment system won't be easy
- Downtowns will be back, but Seattle has choices to make
- The wave of COVID-19 bankruptcies has begun
- Boutique cruise line Windstar will move its Seattle headquarters to Miami
• Costco will hold its annual shareholders meeting at Meydenbauer Center, Bellevue, at 4 p.m.
• Paccar will discuss its fourth-quarter financial results in a 9 a.m. conference call accessible at 706-679-5551.
• Federal Reserve policymakers start a two-day meeting to discuss monetary policy.
• Federal Reserve policymakers end their two-day meeting. They’re widely expected to trim interest rates again. An announcement is expected at about 11:15 a.m.
• Boeing will report its fourth quarter 2007 and full-year earnings at 4:30 a.m. On a scheduled 7:30 a.m. conference call with analysts and media, chief executive Jim McNerney will report record orders for 2007 and humming production lines. But he’ll be questioned closely about the recent announcement of an extra 3-month delay in the company’s crucial 787 Dreamliner program. The conference call will be webcast live at www.boeing.com.
• Starbucks releases fiscal first-quarter earnings after the market closes. This is the company’s first earnings release since Howard Schultz reassumed the role of chief executive earlier this month. Analysts expect the company to provide more details about store growth and possibly about U.S. store closings. A 2 p.m. conference call with analysts can be accessed at http://investor.starbucks.com.
• TrueBlue, formerly Labor Ready, will release its fourth-quarter results after the market closes. A 2 p.m. conference call will be webcast at www.TrueBlueInc.com.• Zones will release its fourth-quarter financial results after the market closes. A 2 p.m. conference call to discuss the results will be accessible at 800-762-9058 and webcast at www.zones.com/IR, Upcoming Events section.
• Clearwire will host its 2008 Investor Day with financial analysts in Portland, discussing the company’s business operations and financial performance. The session, from 10 a.m. — 1 p.m., will be accessible via conference call at 866-713-8565, passcode 33876789, and will be webcast live at http://investors.clearwire.com.
• The EDC of Snohomish County holds its Annual Breakfast Meeting at the Lynnwood Convention Center. The meeting features Tay Yoshitani, chief executive officer of the Port of Seattle and will include a “Review of 2007” from Deborah Knutson, EDC president. Registration starts at 7 a.m.; the meeting runs from 7:30-9:30 a.m. For information, contact Tina Marie Stryker at email@example.com or 425-248-4218. Register online at http://snoedc.org, News & Events section.
• Safeco will discuss its fourth-quarter and year-end financial results in a 2 p.m. conference call. It will be webcast live at www.safeco.com/irwebcast.