Oct. 19 — 25 Monday • CityClub and Town Hall present a conversation with Steve Preston, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development...
Oct. 19 — 25
• CityClub and Town Hall present a conversation with Steve Preston, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, who will discuss the mortgage foreclosure crisis; 6-7:30 p.m.; Town Hall (downstairs), 1119 8th Ave, Seattle; $5, with registration in advance at www.townhallseattle.orgor by calling 206-652-4255.
Most Read Business Stories
- 6 Dr. Seuss books won't be published for racist images
- Frontier cancels flight, citing maskless passengers
- Biden vows enough vaccine for all US adults by end of May
- Amazon sued by Black cloud-computing manager over alleged racial discrimination and sexual harassment
- Texas becomes biggest US state to lift COVID-19 mask mandate
• Riverview Bancorp, second-quarter results released after the market closes; 8 a.m. conference call held the next day, Oct. 21, and webcast live at www.riverviewbank.com, About Riverview section.
• State and regional jobless figures for September are released by the Washington state Department of Employment Security.
• Cascade Financial, third-quarter results released after the market closes. An 11 a.m. conference call will be held the next day, Oct. 22, and webcast live at www.cascadebank.com.
• Paccar, third-quarter results, 9 a.m. conference call accessible at 877-577-0753.
• SeaBright Insurance Holdings, third-quarter results released after the market closes; 1:30 p.m. conference call webcast at http://investor.sbic.com and accessible at 877-723-9521.
• Boeing, third-quarter results released at 4:30 a.m.; 7:30 a.m. conference call will be webcast live at www.boeing.com, Investor Relations section. Boeing’s earnings will be reduced several hundred million dollars by the impact in September of the ongoing Machinists strike. In the conference call, Chief Executive Jim McNerney is expected to address prospects for resolving the strike, will formally announce a further delay to the 787 Dreamliner program, and will field questions about the separate labor talks coming to a head soon with the union representing local engineers and technical staff.
• Alaska Air Group, third-quarter results, 8:30 a.m. conference call webcast at alaskaair.com/investors.
• Microsoft, first-quarter earnings released after the market closes; 2:30 p.m. conference call webcast at www.microsoft.com/msft/default.mspx.
• Seattle Genetics, third-quarter results released after the market closes, 2 p.m. conference call accessible at 800-257-3401 and webcast live at www.seattlegenetics.com, News and Investor Information section
• Starbucks holds its leadership conference Oct. 26-30 in New Orleans. About 10,000 store managers and other field leaders from the U.S. and Canada will meet for career development and “to reinvigorate the passion within the company,” Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz wrote in a May e-mail to employees announcing the conference.