NEW YORK (AP) — A lawyer for Bob Simon’s widow says a seat is missing from the Lincoln Town Car that was carrying the CBS newsman when it crashed in New York City, killing him.
Attorney Howard Hershenhorn writes in court papers Wednesday that the black leather seat vanished after the limo company listed as a defendant in the case inspected it.
The New York Post reports (http://nyp.st/2aQ7RiD ) that Skyline Credit Ride’s lawyer Brian Harris says a tow company may have lost the seat. Harris says his team didn’t remove the seat from an auto pound where they inspected it under police escort in January.
Francoise Anne-Marie Simon sued Skyline and the driver for wrongful death.
Most Read Business Stories
- Boeing suspends work at its futuristic NeXt innovation unit
- Another landlord group sues Seattle over eviction moratoriums
- U.S. House probe of 737 MAX finds 'disturbing pattern' of Boeing failures and 'grossly insufficient' FAA oversight
- Leader of Amazon employee group says changes benefit Black workers
- Hiring plummets in Washington state as employers look to an uncertain autumn and a long recovery
Skyline has argued the 73-year-old Simon is responsible for his February 2015 death because he wasn’t wearing a seatbelt.
Information from: New York Post, http://www.nypost.com