LOS ANGELES — The company run by the outspoken father of top NBA prospect Lonzo Ball has unveiled a signature shoe for the former UCLA star with an eye-popping price tag of $495 a pair.
LaVar Ball’s Big Baller Brand unveiled the ZO2 Prime on Thursday and is taking pre-orders on its website. The black sneaker accented in gold is described as “meticulously developed at every stage by Lonzo Ball.” The listing says the shoes will ship by Nov. 24. Buyers may be out of luck if the shoes don’t fit. The listing says there will be no refunds or exchanges.
The price tag has prompted criticism from some, including Hall of Famer Shaquille O’Neal .
Most Read Business Stories
- Amid attacks and thefts, some retail workers want to fight back
- Microsoft’s $22 billion combat goggles get crucial field test with U.S. Army
- Big Tech's newest thing? This Seattle author predicted it 30 years ago
- U.S. home-price growth decelerates for first time since 2021, including Seattle's
- Boeing will cover travel expenses for medical procedures
LaVar Ball answered his critics on Twitter , writing: “If you can’t afford the ZO2’S, you’re NOT a BIG BALLER!”