LOS ANGELES — The company run by the outspoken father of top NBA prospect Lonzo Ball has unveiled a signature shoe for the former UCLA star with an eye-popping price tag of $495 a pair.
LaVar Ball’s Big Baller Brand unveiled the ZO2 Prime on Thursday and is taking pre-orders on its website. The black sneaker accented in gold is described as “meticulously developed at every stage by Lonzo Ball.” The listing says the shoes will ship by Nov. 24. Buyers may be out of luck if the shoes don’t fit. The listing says there will be no refunds or exchanges.
The price tag has prompted criticism from some, including Hall of Famer Shaquille O’Neal .
Most Read Business Stories
- Boeing finds another quality problem on 787, delaying deliveries again
- Seattle-area home prices tumble from last year's highs
- Ben Bridge opens new flagship store in downtown Seattle
- Patagonia accuses Nordstrom of selling counterfeit items at the Rack
- Boilermakers union president ousted after claims of 'shocking' corruption
LaVar Ball answered his critics on Twitter , writing: “If you can’t afford the ZO2’S, you’re NOT a BIG BALLER!”