TALLINN, Estonia (AP) — A Finnish dairy company has released a commercial featuring Motorhead frontman Ian “Lemmy” Kilmister that was filmed just weeks before his death in December.
The 40-second spot published Friday on YouTube by Valio is a remake of a 1990s milk ad that is well known in Finland.
The new version shows Kilmister exiting a gas station, turning to the camera and saying, “I don’t drink milk, and never will,” followed by an expletive.
It was filmed in Helsinki in early December just hours ahead of a Motorhead concert in the Finnish capital. Kilmister died of cancer on Dec. 28 in Los Angeles.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark' is here as first of three storms rolls into Northwest on stretch of trans-Pacific moisture
- Boeing, reversing tide of cuts, rushes to bring back retirees as temps
- As Amazon’s deadline for HQ2 bids closes, speculation on winner heats up
- Midweek rain in Seattle area is just hint of what's to come, forecasters say
- Seattle startup co-founder Matt Bencke was ‘a force of nature’ | Obituary
Valio changed the spot to make it a tribute to Kilmister, calling the heavy metal singer and bassist “a lovely, exceptional man.”
Valio said Kilmister’s managers approved it.