FREEPORT, Maine (AP) — L.L. Bean is providing $3 million to the National Park Foundation’s effort to encourage people to get outside and explore some of the more than 400 national parks.
It’s called the “Find Your Park” initiative. L.L. Bean’s great-grandson, Chairman Shawn Gorman, said the partnership makes perfect sense because both organizations are committed to getting people outdoors.
Bean last year launched its “Be an Outsider” campaign that focuses on getting back to the company’s outdoor roots. Executives said at the time that involved a re-examination of all facets of operations, including corporate giving.
Spokesman Mac McKeever said the donation will be made in annual installments over three years. It’s on top of a $1 million donation to the park foundation in 2012.
Most Read Business Stories
- Boeing to cut nearly 10,000 jobs in Washington, more than 12,000 overall
- SpaceX launch of NASA astronauts: How to watch live coverage, free streaming, TV channels, scheduled times
- Twitter fact-checks Trump; he threatens new regs or shutdown
- Boeing factory workers cope with the coronavirus threat as layoffs loom
- 'Bummed out': SpaceX launch scrubbed because of bad weather VIEW