FREEPORT, Maine (AP) — L.L. Bean is providing $3 million to the National Park Foundation’s effort to encourage people to get outside and explore some of the more than 400 national parks.
It’s called the “Find Your Park” initiative. L.L. Bean’s great-grandson, Chairman Shawn Gorman, said the partnership makes perfect sense because both organizations are committed to getting people outdoors.
Bean last year launched its “Be an Outsider” campaign that focuses on getting back to the company’s outdoor roots. Executives said at the time that involved a re-examination of all facets of operations, including corporate giving.
Spokesman Mac McKeever said the donation will be made in annual installments over three years. It’s on top of a $1 million donation to the park foundation in 2012.
Most Read Business Stories
- Top executive at Boeing’s troubled South Carolina plant is out
- Amazon and CEO Jeff Bezos challenged on climate change. Here’s how shareholders voted on it and other issues.
- FAA head says Boeing 737 MAX will return to flight, but timetable is uncertain
- FAA will move first to approve the Boeing 737 MAX to fly again, possibly within weeks
- Wall Street skeptical over Nordstrom turnaround strategy