FREEPORT, Maine (AP) — L.L. Bean is providing $3 million to the National Park Foundation’s effort to encourage people to get outside and explore some of the more than 400 national parks.
It’s called the “Find Your Park” initiative. L.L. Bean’s great-grandson, Chairman Shawn Gorman, said the partnership makes perfect sense because both organizations are committed to getting people outdoors.
Bean last year launched its “Be an Outsider” campaign that focuses on getting back to the company’s outdoor roots. Executives said at the time that involved a re-examination of all facets of operations, including corporate giving.
Spokesman Mac McKeever said the donation will be made in annual installments over three years. It’s on top of a $1 million donation to the park foundation in 2012.
Most Read Business Stories
- Kevin McAllister ousted as boss of Boeing Commercial Airplanes as 737 MAX crisis continues
- Take a peek inside Nordstrom's luxurious new New York City flagship store VIEW
- Boeing's defense of 737 MAX's flight-control system in wake of pilot messages stands up
- Inside billionaire money manager Ken Fisher’s Washington-based private kingdom, where hardball culture reigns
- Electric truck startup Rivian gives a sneak peek of its future: Sleek vehicles, a reborn factory and thousands of jobs