FREEPORT, Maine (AP) — L.L. Bean is providing $3 million to the National Park Foundation’s effort to encourage people to get outside and explore some of the more than 400 national parks.
It’s called the “Find Your Park” initiative. L.L. Bean’s great-grandson, Chairman Shawn Gorman, said the partnership makes perfect sense because both organizations are committed to getting people outdoors.
Bean last year launched its “Be an Outsider” campaign that focuses on getting back to the company’s outdoor roots. Executives said at the time that involved a re-examination of all facets of operations, including corporate giving.
Spokesman Mac McKeever said the donation will be made in annual installments over three years. It’s on top of a $1 million donation to the park foundation in 2012.
Most Read Business Stories
- King County property tax bills are coming, and the housing market slowdown won't lower your bill
- Furloughed federal workers offered 90-day, interest-free loans by Washington Federal
- Seattle still has the most cranes in America, and construction isn't losing much steam
- Macy's will close its Northgate store next year, Redmond store in next few months
- Outpouring of generosity for TSA workers, others without pay VIEW