FREEPORT, Maine (AP) — L.L. Bean is providing $3 million to the National Park Foundation’s effort to encourage people to get outside and explore some of the more than 400 national parks.
It’s called the “Find Your Park” initiative. L.L. Bean’s great-grandson, Chairman Shawn Gorman, said the partnership makes perfect sense because both organizations are committed to getting people outdoors.
Bean last year launched its “Be an Outsider” campaign that focuses on getting back to the company’s outdoor roots. Executives said at the time that involved a re-examination of all facets of operations, including corporate giving.
Spokesman Mac McKeever said the donation will be made in annual installments over three years. It’s on top of a $1 million donation to the park foundation in 2012.
Most Read Business Stories
- FBI joining criminal investigation into certification of Boeing 737 MAX
- Flawed analysis, failed oversight: How Boeing, FAA certified the suspect 737 MAX flight control system | Times Watchdog
- Doomed jets lacked 2 key safety features that Boeing sold only as extras
- $12 million Belltown penthouse, used as a second home, is region's priciest condo sale ever
- Bill Gates joins Jeff Bezos in the $100 billion club