SYDNEY (AP) — Cash registers are working again at Woolworths Supermarkets in Australia.
The company says a large number of its stores experienced an outage for about 30 minutes Monday because of an update to its IT systems. Shoppers were left standing at checkout aisles.
The company says the system corrected itself and business resumed.
In a statement, Woolworths Group CEO Brad Banducci apologized to customers and employees for the inconvenience.
Most Read Business Stories
- Flawed analysis, failed oversight: How Boeing, FAA certified the suspect 737 MAX flight control system | Times Watchdog
- Belltown penthouse is region’s priciest condo sale ever — and new owners won't even live there
- Amazon finds an alternative workforce through Northwest Center, a Seattle nonprofit helping people with disabilities
- Boeing defends 737 MAX's cockpit add-ons, begins new pilot information sessions
- Doomed jets lacked 2 key safety features that Boeing sold only as extras