SYDNEY (AP) — Cash registers are working again at Woolworths Supermarkets in Australia.
The company says a large number of its stores experienced an outage for about 30 minutes Monday because of an update to its IT systems. Shoppers were left standing at checkout aisles.
The company says the system corrected itself and business resumed.
In a statement, Woolworths Group CEO Brad Banducci apologized to customers and employees for the inconvenience.
Most Read Business Stories
- Boeing, pursuing its 797 concept, woos a key Airbus customer and stirs industry debate
- MGM sues Vegas mass-shooting victims in hopes of limiting liability
- Airbus CEO Enders says challenge to Boeing will grow even stronger
- Farnborough Air Show: GE still unconvinced about demand for 797
- Bitter legal fight roils Harley Marine Services, a big player on Seattle waterfront