SYDNEY (AP) — Cash registers are working again at Woolworths Supermarkets in Australia.
The company says a large number of its stores experienced an outage for about 30 minutes Monday because of an update to its IT systems. Shoppers were left standing at checkout aisles.
The company says the system corrected itself and business resumed.
In a statement, Woolworths Group CEO Brad Banducci apologized to customers and employees for the inconvenience.
Most Read Business Stories
- Blake Nordstrom discloses cancer diagnosis, plans to keep working through treatment
- Big switch in Seattle homebuying: from most to fewest bidding wars in the country
- Verizon says 10,400 managers accept buyout offer
- Seattle-area home prices drop again — down 11 percent in last six months
- Costco tightens standards for antibiotics use by meat producers