SYDNEY (AP) — Cash registers are working again at Woolworths Supermarkets in Australia.
The company says a large number of its stores experienced an outage for about 30 minutes Monday because of an update to its IT systems. Shoppers were left standing at checkout aisles.
The company says the system corrected itself and business resumed.
In a statement, Woolworths Group CEO Brad Banducci apologized to customers and employees for the inconvenience.
Most Read Business Stories
- Southwest 737 accident kills passenger, raises engine concerns
- 'Nerves of steel': She calmly landed the Southwest flight and broke barriers as a fighter pilot
- Why are Seattle-area home prices so high? | Mike Rosenberg
- Amazon worker's median pay in 2017: $28,446
- Metals-forging firm near Boeing Field closing after 8 decades so real estate can be sold