SYDNEY (AP) — Cash registers are working again at Woolworths Supermarkets in Australia.
The company says a large number of its stores experienced an outage for about 30 minutes Monday because of an update to its IT systems. Shoppers were left standing at checkout aisles.
The company says the system corrected itself and business resumed.
In a statement, Woolworths Group CEO Brad Banducci apologized to customers and employees for the inconvenience.
Most Read Business Stories
- Starbucks plans corporate shake-up and layoffs, starting with senior execs
- As Seattle home prices dip, outer reaches of metro area are humming along
- Costco takes rotisserie chicken supply chain under its wing
- H-1B spouses’ work ban rule coming within three months, feds say
- Walmart tells leafy-green suppliers to start using blockchain