Insurance technology company Vertafore said Bothell employees were offered jobs in its Denver office.
Insurance software company Vertafore is closing its Bothell office, more than a year after the company relocated its headquarters to Denver.
About 50 people will be laid off as part of the closure, according to a filing with the state’s employment agency. A Vertafore spokeswoman said all employees were offered jobs in the Denver office.
“We have decided we can best serve customers by centralizing the work currently being done in part by our team in Bothell at our Denver office,” a company spokeswoman said in a statement.
Most Read Business Stories
- 'A dream come true': Original players rescue hipster chain Rudy's Barbershop from bankruptcy
- 'Hundreds of millions of dollars' lost in Washington to unemployment fraud amid coronavirus joblessness surge
- Mitsubishi cuts hundreds of jobs, shuts Washington operations as it slashes SpaceJet budget
- PCC Markets CEO Cate Hardy leaving to run huge wine company
- Even if you want to buy a home, it's harder now to get a loan. Or tap home equity.
Vertafore’s technology helps insurance agents keep track of customers.