Insurance technology company Vertafore said Bothell employees were offered jobs in its Denver office.
Insurance software company Vertafore is closing its Bothell office, more than a year after the company relocated its headquarters to Denver.
About 50 people will be laid off as part of the closure, according to a filing with the state’s employment agency. A Vertafore spokeswoman said all employees were offered jobs in the Denver office.
“We have decided we can best serve customers by centralizing the work currently being done in part by our team in Bothell at our Denver office,” a company spokeswoman said in a statement.
Most Read Business Stories
- Workers start paying for Washington’s new paid-leave law next month. Here’s how it works.
- Apple to expand Seattle office to more than 1,000 workers
- Paul Allen’s estate gives $125 million to set up immunology institute
- Apple to build new Austin hub, expand in other tech hotbeds VIEW
- Costco posts strong results but faces margin scrutiny
Vertafore’s technology helps insurance agents keep track of customers.