Insurance technology company Vertafore said Bothell employees were offered jobs in its Denver office.
Insurance software company Vertafore is closing its Bothell office, more than a year after the company relocated its headquarters to Denver.
About 50 people will be laid off as part of the closure, according to a filing with the state’s employment agency. A Vertafore spokeswoman said all employees were offered jobs in the Denver office.
“We have decided we can best serve customers by centralizing the work currently being done in part by our team in Bothell at our Denver office,” a company spokeswoman said in a statement.
Most Read Business Stories
- Renter boom: Apartments filling up faster in Seattle area than anywhere in the U.S.
- Protecting your Internet accounts keeps getting easier. Here’s how to do it.
- Mom jeans made women love denim again
- This Seattle-area CEO made more than the heads of Microsoft and Starbucks — and he’s not in the tech sector
- 'Delete' doesn't really delete your data in most programs | Patrick Marshall Q&A
Vertafore’s technology helps insurance agents keep track of customers.