OLYMPIA (AP) — Gov. Jay Inslee is canceling his participation in the Paris Air Show.
The governor said in a statement Thursday that he will remain in Washington state to work on budget negotiations. He said he was disappointed that he will not be able to join the delegation but said U.S. Rep. Rick Larsen has agreed to lead the effort.
Washington state’s delegation includes dozens of people representing areas such as the aerospace industry and economic development. The governor was set to leave Friday and meet with Boeing officials along with executives of more than two dozen companies.
Washington lawmakers have been stuck in budget negotiations for the last several weeks and face a June 30 deadline to complete the work.
Most Read Business Stories
- The penthouse atop Smith Tower is on the rental market for the first time
- Washington state ‘literally failed workers,’ and fixing the unemployment system won't be easy
- Downtowns will be back, but Seattle has choices to make
- The wave of COVID-19 bankruptcies has begun
- Boutique cruise line Windstar will move its Seattle headquarters to Miami