INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indianapolis International Airport leaders say it saw a record number of 8.77 million passengers last year.
Airport officials say its number of passengers on both arriving and departing flights jumped about 3 percent from 2016, following a 6.4 percent jump from 2015. The Indianapolis Business Journal reports the 2017 passenger figure topped the airport’s previous record of 8.52 million passengers set in 2005.
Airport executive Marsha Stone says it had five record-breaking months last year, with June being the busiest month as it served nearly 420,000 passengers.
Most Read Business Stories
- 5 takeaways from Seattle’s red-hot 2021 housing market, and the year's priciest sales
- 'Our city's not dead yet': PCC opening highlights promise of, and challenges to, downtown Seattle's recovery
- London-bound jet returns to Miami over maskless passenger
- Restaurant workers go 'missing' again from Washington's job recovery
- Fred Meyer, QFC workers struggle in Washington to make ends meet, new report shows
Information from: Indianapolis Business Journal, http://www.ibj.com